The establishment operates on a self-catering basis and does not provide or arrange other services such as meals, personal laundry, transport, tours, functions, events, parties, babysitting, and conferences. We will however, on request endeavour to provide details of suppliers that should be able to provide these services directly to the guest.
Reservations will not be confirmed until the booking form and proof of payment is provided to us at which time, we will send a confirmation form with relevant reservation details to the guest.
The names and relationship of the persons sharing the unit must be provided when the reservation is made. Persons over the age of 12 years are classified as adults.
Quote totals will not be reduced should you be fewer guests than originally specified.
In case of a double booking, the guest who secure the accommodation, will be at the sole discretion of the manager or owner of Oppiesee Self-Catering apartments and guest that did not secure the accommodation, funds’ will be refunded in full.
Methods of Payment:
EFT is the preferred method as there are no fees.
If it must be a cash deposit do it at the ATM to reduce costs.
NO cheques are accepted, and any cheque payments made will NOT be confirmed and booking may be lost prior to clearance. No refund will be made on cheque payments.
On-line credit card payments are accepted (Visa & Mastercard only). Card-holder is asked to send us a charge-back waiver form fully completed, a copy of ID or Passport and a copy of credit card, front and back, within 12 hours of booking. Guest needs to provide credit card used and identification, on arrival, to prove ownership of card used in transaction.
On-site credit card payments are also accepted (Visa & Mastercard only). Guest needs to provide credit card used and identification, on arrival, to prove ownership of card used in transaction.
50% deposit Proof of Payment required within 12 hours of booking; even if actual transfer will take longer. Lapsed bookings can incur additional admin fee to reload and you lose any discount / exception granted.
The balance can then be paid via credit card on arrival if preferred or via EFT 48 Hours prior to arrival, except for peak season bookings which are payable in full 30 days before arrival or the booking may be forfeited without refund.
Bookings cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival forfeits (or are charged) the full deposit amount. This also applies to non-arrival, late arrival or early departure. As a Holding Deposit, it is non-refundable; we regret no exceptions, even for personal emergencies, infrastructural lapses, or Acts of God. Bookings in peak season cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival forfeits (or are charged) the full deposit amount. This also applies to non-arrival, late arrival or early departure. As a Holding Deposit, it is non-refundable; we regret no exceptions, even for personal emergencies, infrastructural lapses, or Acts of God.
Full accommodation payment must be received before apartment’s keys will be released.
Bookings that are being paid off monthly are non-refundable.
The guest retains personal liability for the bill until the employer, agent, or person that made the reservation on his or her behalf has settled it.
If cancelled or modified up to 30 or more DAYS before arrival date, 0% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be 100% refunded. For peak season bookings, if cancelled or modified up to 60 or more DAYS before arrival date, 0% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be 100% refunded.
If cancelled between 21 and 30 DAYS before arrival date, 25% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be 75% refunded. If cancelled in peak season between 31 and 60 DAYS before arrival date, 50% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be 50% refunded.
If cancelled between 14 and 21 DAYS before arrival date, 50% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be 50% refunded. For peak season bookings, if cancelled between 1 and 30 DAYS before arrival date, 50% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be 50% refunded.
If cancelled between 7 and 14 DAYS before arrival date, 75% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be 25% refunded.
If cancelled in LESS 7 DAYS before arrival date, 100% of the total price of the reservation will be charged and there will be no refund.
Unfortunately, we are unable to judge the reasons for change, cancellation or non-arrival of guests, therefore we kindly remind you that a booking made with Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments, either verbal or written forms a legally binding contract and as a result we recommend you take out appropriate holiday insurance.
Non-availability of accommodation:
We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would however attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the accommodation. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
Refundable breakage deposit of 1 night’s accommodation rate/fee on specific apartment/s booked will apply. Refunds are processed within 7 days of departure. No cash refunds will be issued on departure. Group rates/fees and conditions may differ and will be quoted separately.
Refunds on cancellations will only be made after payment has been finally cleared by the bank or Credit Card Company. This process can take in excess of 30 days.
All missing items, breakages in and damage to cottages, furniture, fittings, soft furnishings, roads, fencing, gardens, extras costs and fines will be charged to the guest; this is not limited to the key deposit. No dispute discussion regarding breakages or damage will be entertained unless a guest reports same within one hour of checking in.
Rates are subject to change without notice.
Quotations are valid for 24 hours unless otherwise specified. Subject to availability upon acceptance.
Rate apply per apartment and not per person. Number of guests allowed per apartment is limited as specified per apartment. Special rate will be calculated for large groups as per manager or owner discretion.
Discounted rates will be revised should the duration of stay be decreased or interrupted, or payment terms not be adhered to.
Arrival and Departure:
Check in time is between 14:00 and 20:00 unless prior arrangements have been made.
Check out time is by 10:00 unless prior arrangements have been made. This is to enable the room to be prepared in time for new arrivals. Late check outs may be charged for.
Parking and Access:
Only 1 vehicle is allowed per apartment and is parked at own risk. Should you need to bring more than one vehicle per unit please do inquire about the availability of parking.
Keypad code will be provided on arrival to access building.
One remote control and set of keys is provided per unit. The cost of replacement keys and remote control is R500.00.
Rooms must be locked, windows closed, and keys handed in or dropped in key box prior to departure.
No visitors will be permitted without permission. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damages.
Parking in garage is reserved for guests only.
Guests are asked to keep other guests in consideration, as parking bays are behind each other. Guests are also welcome to park on the street, at own risk.
Guests to provide access to their own delivery services (e.g. take-aways) and are responsible for the apartments keys and are also responsible/liable for any persons they provide access to.
The manager is contactable from 07:00 to 21:00 on weekdays and from 08:00 to 20:00 on weekends and public holidays. Manager is contactable 24 hour for any emergencies.
Security & Storage:
Although the establishment takes reasonable steps to ensure the safety and security of guests and their possessions, guests retain final responsibility for their own safety and security. Please always keep apartments locked and place all valuables in the safe provided. Always leave safe open and apartment locked on departure.
Braai/Facilities and Common Areas:
There are common area in Oppiesee and we ask that guest keep other guest in consideration when using this areas. All areas are used at own risk and children always need to be under responsible adult supervision. Each unit has its own braai area and equipment. Please do be considerate when it comes to noise levels. No loud music is permitted. No noise/shouting and running is allowed. Always keep the main door and garage door closed.
Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments has 5 parking bays available and we ask guests to keep other guests is consideration when using this area as parking bays are behind each other and we would like to prevent guest being parked in. Guest are welcome to park on the street
Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments has a laundry room on the first floor with a washing and drying machine. This is free of charge, but we ask guests to keep washing to minimum to accommodate all guest and due to water shortage. You will need to provide your own washing detergent
There is common washing line on the 2nd floor and we ask guests to keep other guests is consideration when using this area.
Personal conduct of guests:
Problems connected with abused substances such as drugs and alcohol will not be tolerated, and we respectfully request the “Booking Principle” to take ownership of the Personal Conduct of their guests.
We respectfully request guests to respect the neighbourhood, next door neighbours and other guests.
Plumbing/Electrics, Power/Water & Environment:
Please be considerate when it comes to the use of the plumbing and electrics. Please do not through or flush any foreign items down any drains. Guest will be liable for any cost or damage as a result of this. Kindly switch of most lights when not in a room and ensure the outside lights for your apartment are switched off in the morning. Please use water sparsely, as we are in a water scarce area with water restrictions. We respectfully request guests to respect our natural environment and wildlife and not to pollute, litter or disturb it.
No fireworks, dangerous materials/substances or weapons are allowed on property.
No smoking is permitted in the apartments. Smoking is permitted on the veranda’s and in the gardens/outdoors.
Sorry, we do not allow pets at this property.
Children of all ages are welcome and must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Loss or Damage to Establishment Property:
The guest is liable for any loss or damages (excluding wear and tear) to the property of the establishment.
The establishment cannot be held liable if any of the following events or conditions prevents us from fulfilling our obligation to guests. We will take all reasonable steps to minimize disruption and discomfort to guests under these conditions.
- Unanticipated interruption to the electricity, water, sewage to, from or on the establishment’s property.
- Industrial action, civil uprising or criminal activity.
- Fire, frost, flooding, subsidence or any other force major event.
- Government & Municipality local servicing, upgrades and actions.
Limit to Liability:
The maximum liability of the establishment for any event or condition for which a guest may institute a claim is limited to the value of one day’s accommodation.
- The Right of Admission will apply.
- Enter & use of premises and facilities at own risk.
- Please take note that floors are slippery when wet.
Any booking or visit to Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments is subject to standard trading terms & insurance indemnity (see below) which you will be required to sign on arrival.
You acknowledge that all Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments facilities are used at own risk and owners are not responsible for injury, death or loss of whatever nature.
Standard Trading Agreement Indemnity:
The below is a standard trading condition of Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and due to the public availability thereof, it is regarded as having been seen and accepted by any party entering into a booking or other agreement with Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments.
This is a standard trading condition of Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and is a condition of residence/presence. (party entering into a booking or any other agreement with Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments or wanting to reside or be present on Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments)
Do hereby declare to and in favor of Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and/or each of its associated companies, owners, trustees, employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agents, workmen or representatives (hereinafter jointly and severally referred to as “Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments”) the following:
- That I/We have read, and accepted Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments Terms and Conditions presented during the booking process. I have also read and accepted the House Rules and Payment policy as presented during arrival in reception area and which is also available in each apartment.
- That I/We enter the premises of Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments entirely at my/our own risk.
- That I/We acknowledge that I/We am/are aware of the risks involved in staying at this premises and any activities, which are or may be offered by Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments or embarked upon by me/us whilst upon the premises of Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and/or using equipment belonging to Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and accept such risks.
- That I/We acknowledge that I/We am/are aware of the risks involved in being present on premises bordering a forest & coast line, as such there will be dangerous sea currents and animal/sea life including but not limited to snakes, scorpions, spiders, sharks and toxic sea creatures and with the free reign of animals, insects, birds and reptiles onto the property whilst upon the premises of Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and accept such risks.
- That I/We undertake, when on the premises or involved in any activity at Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments, to obey all rules and regulations laid down by Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and to familiarize myself/ourselves with such rules and regulations.
- That I/We hereby agree that it is a condition of my/our presence on the premises and/or participating in any activities that Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments shall not be responsible for any accident or bodily injury or death to any person or loss of or damage to property, whether suffered by me/us or any person brought by me/us upon Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments’ premises regardless of whether such injury, death, loss or damage results from the negligence of Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments or from any other cause whatsoever.
- I/We undertake to procure that every person accompanying me/us will accept the aforesaid conditions of presence/participation, as well as the terms and conditions of this indemnity and will agree to be bound by it.
- That I/We indemnify (where more than one person, jointly and severally) Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments against any claim by and on behalf of a person accompanying me/us or under my/our control (whether a minor or disabled person or otherwise and including such person’s heirs, executors, trustees, administrators or assigns) arising from, or in connection with any of the aforesaid activities, or his/her presence on Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments’ premises, including specifically without being limited thereto, any claims in respect of injury, death, loss or damage, as aforementioned, and arising from any cause referred to above.
- That I/We hereby bind my/our heirs, executors, administrators or assigns to this declaration and undertaking.
- That I/We are aware of the Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments evacuation procedures, i.e. to leave the Apartment speedily through the front door (if safe) or backdoor (following signs), without pause to take personal effects, and to proceed to the driveway (assembly point) on the front South Eastern corner of the property, unless unsafe in which case to proceed to the back of the building on first floor exiting through forest area.
On arrival, any guest/visitor/worker is required to sign this indemnity in order to stay or be present at Oppiesee Self-Catering Apartments and it is a condition of any booking, arrival or agreement.